At the heart of Middle East Technical University, North Cyprus Campus, lies a little yellow-colored complex. A building famous for receiving from the world for years. A place visited by students full of expectations. When I say “expectations”, I mean postal expectations. There are many stores on and off Campus, and they are undoubtedly marvelous. However, not all items a student requires are available in these markets. You can buy a book bag from Campus, but I highly doubt you can get new basketball kicks in METU NCC. Sometimes, you have to buy these things online and set them for delivery on Campus. Now, this is where the METU NCC Post Office comes into play.
METU NCC Post Office Address.
Are you buying something from Amazon? Or is it Aliexperess? Or wish and even Joom? Wherever you are doing your shopping, you will surely need an address for delivery on Campus. You can find the address to Middle East Technical University, North Cyprus Campus below in English and Turkish.
Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus Campus, Kalkanlı, Güzelyurt, Mersin 10, Turkey
Postal Code: 99738
Orta Doğu Teknik Üniversitesi, Kuzey Kıbrıs Kampüsü, Kalkanlı, Güzelyurt, Mersin 10, Türkiye
Posta Kodu: 99738
For more information regarding the address of the University, visit this campus website.
How can I tell if My package has arrived?
For people asking this question, the post office at Middle East Technical University North Cyprus Campus is very organized. Once you have a delivered package, your name will appear on a list displayed on the notice board that same day. However, please permit me to add that you are required to pay 3 Turkish liras (0.4 USD) to collect any item from the School Post Office.
Note: Your anticipated package might not always be in the school Post office. Sometimes, buying from Amazon will require a logistics company like DHL to deliver it. In this case, your package will be delivered directly to you. You need to confirm the shipping details of your parcel correctly.
On the other hand, there is a familiar situation whereby your package’s tracking information reads delivered, but it is not available in the post office. You will most probably find your parcel in the Güzelyurt Post office. You can click this link for more information about this Post office.
Some helpful Postal tips in METU NCC.
You need to note quite a few things if you are buying an item to ship to your location on Campus. These tips are essential, and they will save you the stress and extra cost of parcel misplacement.
- First, let me start by saying that you should NOT click Cyprus when shipping. The Middle East Technical University North Cyprus Campus has its location in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, a Turkish Territory. You should select Turkey as a shipping destination. Many students make this mistake and, as a result, pay extra to correct their shipping data and receive their parcels.
- Secondly, you might not get your large parcels in the school post office. If you ship something above a certain size, you can find your package at the Guzelyurt Post office. It is about 10 minutes drive from the Campus. Taking the school bus is the best way to get around this situation. You can find the School Bus (Otobus) schedule and destinations by clicking here.
- Additionally, most students often mistake the postal codes of the different post offices. Note that Middle East Technical University’s postal code is “99738”. Any other postal code besides this is not METU NCC.
- Furthermore, your package might be subject to customs clearance, and that could lead to it getting held by TRNC customs. I once bought a mobile phone on AliExpress, but TRNC customs withheld it for days. Any new mobile phone coming into Cyprus needs to be registered, or it won’t work here. You might be required to pay some tax for your item, and to be able to sort that out, you will need to visit the Customs office in Lefkosa (Nicosia).
About sending Items…
For quite a while, we have been talking about receiving from the world. Now let us talk about sending. How does society receive from Middle East Technical University North Cyprus Campus? Asides from receiving items you bought online, you can also send parcels and packages from METU NCC Post Office. To accomplish this, you need to follow these few steps.
- Take your package to the post office for proper weighing and examination. You cannot ship all items! There are restrictions on electronics and other harmful things.
- You have to give the sender’s contact details (your contact details) and that of the receiver. Of course, it’s a post office. They will require the address of the receiver.
- You need to pay for this service, and afterward, a Tracking number gets assigned to you. You can easily track your item from the comfort of your dormitory here.
Honestly, in my opinion, the idea of a Post office in Middle East Technical University North Cyprus Campus is splendid. It is such a blessing to have such an opportunity to send and receive without stress. Can you imagine what our lives as students would look like if we always had to take a trip to Lefkosa each time we needed to send something? The presence of the Post Office on Campus makes life easier for students. In brief, the METU NCC Post office is a more efficient strategy for students to receive from and give to the world.